Friday, August 12, 2011

So Many ........


Good Afternoon today has been very busy as was yesterday. Many things have taken place since I last wrote.  I have had the opportunity to speak too many about the Lord and encourage many.  Tuesday Evening I had the opportunity to speak in Daniel A. church and on Wednesday Morning I had the opportunity to speak to Many Pastors at Pastor Jonah’s church.  These pastors are called by God but it is not easy for them. This morning I visited many of their churches.  I have to be honest it was very hard. Most of their churches were no better than our worst barns and many barely had a roof on the top of the church building. But these men of God push and try very hard to tell many about the power of Jesus and how he loves them.  In order to keep the dust down many of them use wet cow dung and spread it on the floors of their church like cement. I was especially moved by a couple of Pastors, Pastor Rose and Pastor Fred.
Pastor Rose is the pastor of a small church for many years but has a passion for orphans. She lives in a one bedroom home and has 3 generations of orphans she has taken care of.  The older generation of about 10 stay on the dirt floor in her church. Some do not even have mattresses to lie on, but at least they have a roof. The Younger ones stay in a very small space not much bigger than my bathroom. I am amazed at her compassion for them.  She so hungers to do so much more but as with much of the people here she has no money to move forward with the work of God, yet she continues to believe.
Pastor Fred has a very unique story. He was a bishop in a cult and realized what was happening and so the cult took all his belongings and through him out. He then learned about the greatness of God and was trained and started a church in Kampala which did really well over 250 present.  Then God told him to leave it to another pastor and start a church in one of the villages.  So he left the security of his church and began the one he is currently at.  However this season has been very hard.  He cares for some children that are not his own while barely putting food on his table. His church has virtually no roof; the floors are dirt with board benches. Yet he believes God is going to move on the people in this Muslim community. It is very hard for him yet he does not let it show.  Please pray for him.
There are so many stories I could tell you like a woman who is single and pastors a church while taking care of her 5 grandchildren in a 1 room house smaller than most of our bedrooms, probably less than 80 sq. ft. Her church has many poor members who tithe with avocados and other fruits and maybe a few coins worth less than 25 cents.
I am so sorry I have not posted for several days, but between loosing electricity, getting back late each night and running out of internet time it has been very difficult to post. With that said I hope the above information blesses you. I will post pictures hopefully tomorrow when I return from Daniel Male church. Blessings to each of you and please pray for me as the enemy has inflicted me with some type of pain in my stomach that I have had for several days.  It seems to be getting worse so I have begun to take an antibiotic and I am believing God for complete healing. Please pray and see if one of the pastors does not touch your heart to the point that you would be willing to support them in prayer of even with finances. 

No comments: